I’ve decided to give a quick weekly rundown of my successes and failures, a smattering of expenditures, and a goal or two for the coming week.
1. I spent $37.86 this week on groceries. I’d like to keep my weekly grocery spend a little lower, given that most of our proteins and produce come from our CSA. We shouldn’t really need to supplement all that much, save for dairy, eggs, and pantry items.
2. I spent nothing on gas. My car stayed at home two days of the last seven and I’ve not had to fill it up. I will have to this week.
3. I successfully ate all meals from my kitchen, although I was the lucky recipient of a delicious black bean slider (made by friends) about an hour ago.
4. I’m trying to bake bread. My hot dog and hamburger buns are on their second rise at the moment. I think I left the first one too long. Bread-bakers, weigh in. Your expertise is kindly requested.
5. I have not been tempted! I know it’s still early and I have the new-project high, but there are so many school supplies out there and they are so, so cheap. I’m pretty proud of myself.
Thanks again for all your positive feedback. I’m glad so many people are into this idea and I still kind of can’t get over it.